FDJ and the Paris Olympic bid – A successful partnership initiative
On September 13th, Paris was officially selected to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. French lottery FDJ was a key partner in mobilising the French public to support the bid.
After a 100-year wait, the Games will be back in Paris. The French capital was confirmed as host city for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games by the International Olympic Committee during its meeting in Lima on September 13th.
National lottery FDJ was the first company to announce its support of the Paris bid, as early as January 2016. “Because Paris 2024 is a real chance for France, for a society which, through sport, promotes equal opportunities, I wish to give Paris2024 every chance of success”, said CEO Stéphane Pallez. Let’s look back on the actions organised in order to encourage participation in sport and mobilise the French people.
In addition to its €2m financial contribution, FDJ ran the national advocacy campaign “Ready to Play the Game for Paris2024?”. In order to mobilize citizens around the bid, events were organised every month reflecting the Company’s commitment in favour of equal opportunities and women’s sport; two areas that FDJ promotes to make the Games a tool for social progress. All these events brought together champions and members of the public:
- In March, 500 participants were invited to take part in the giant “Fit Boxing Session by FDJ”, coached by Olympic medallists Sarah Ourahmoune and Souleymane Cissokho. It took place at the Cité du Cinéma, in the north of Paris where the future Olympic and Paralympic village is due to bebuilt.
- In April and May, FDJ encouraged sports fans to join the campaign during the Football League Cup Final and the Handball French Cup Finals, respectively. At half-time, randomly-selected spectators could take part in challenges to win prizes.
- FDJ also joined the Olympic Days (June 23-24th) celebrations organised in Paris. While citizens were invited to discover and practice various Olympic and Paralympic sports, a special event “2024km by FDJ” enabled equestrians, cyclists and teams of runners to cover together 2024km of streets and roads in the Paris area. A spectacular finale took place with a giant tifo deployed along the famous Alexandre III bridge.
- On July 23rd, day of the final stage of the Tour de France, FDJ launched “Les Champs pour Elles” to promote women’s cycling. 2024 women were invited to cycle the last 8km of the most famous cycling Tour, including across the Grand Palais and the Champs Elysees avenue.
A summary video of the campaign can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnGoFwrLro
During events in the field, or on social media with the hastag #JouerleJeu (PlaytheGame), over 14 million actions in support of the bid were carried out.
- The Olympic-branded scratch ticket “Vibrez pour Paris 2024” launched in March, sold 13.8 million units. The design of the ticket featured 4 Olympic and Paralympic disciplines: athletics, wheelchair basketball, swimming and judo.
- Over 70.000 people took part in the various events organised by FDJ.
- A street-display campaign, during the IOC’s evaluation visit in May, reached 90% of the population of the Paris area, or nearly 4 million people. The front wall of FDJ’s future headquarters was also decorated in support of the Paris 2024 bid.
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to have a dramatic impact worldwide...Read more
“Reflecting on 11 years at the European Lotteries’’ | An interview with former EL Deputy Secretary General Jutta Buyse
Since 2016 Jutta Buyse was the Deputy Secretary General of EL and repr...Read more
La FDJ et la candidature de Paris aux Jeux Olympiques - Un partenariat couronné de succès
Le 13 septembre, la ville de Paris a été officiellement désignée pour accueillir les jeux Olympiques et les Jeux Paralympiques de 2024. La FDJ a été un partenaire clé de la mobilisation du public français autour de cette candidature. La FDJ est également un partenaire de longue date du Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français (CNOSF), et elle a établi en 2015 un partenariat similaire avec le Comité Paralympique et Sportif Français (CPSF).
FDJ y la candidatura olímpica de París – Una iniciativa de colaboración exitosa
El 13 de septiembre, París fue oficialmente seleccionada para albergar los Juegos Olímpicos y Paralímpicos de 2024. La lotería francesa FDJ [La Française des Jeux] fue un socio clave para movilizar al público francés en torno a la candidatura. FDJ también es, desde hace tiempo, socia del Comité Nacional Olímpico y de Deportes Francés (Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français, CNOSF) y, en 2015, la empresa también firmó un acuerdo con el Comité Paralímpico y de Deportes Francés (Comité Paralympique et Sportif Français, CPSF).
FDJ und die Olympia-Kandidatur von Paris – Eine erfolgreiche Partnerschaft
Am 13. September wurde Paris offiziell zum Austragungsort der Olympischen und Paralympischen Spiele 2024 gewählt. Die französische Lotterie FDJ war bei der Mobilisierung der französischen Öffentlichkeit ein wichtiger Partner. FDJ ist zudem ein langzeitiger Partner des französischen nationalen olympischen und Sportkomitees (CNOSF) und hat im Jahr 2015 auch mit dem französischen paralympischen und Sportkomitee (CPSF) eine Vereinbarung unterzeichnet.
THE INCREASING SIGNIFICANCE OF PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION In our heavily-loaded-information era, global players deal with a large amount of information in their daily lives; they produce, process and s......Read more
The 2020 Annual EL/WLA Marketing Seminar, held in London, saw a vibrant mix of senior industry figures and speakers from leading-edge agencies and consultancies combine to create a dynamic event for the assembled international delegates....Read more
At a time when digital communication is rapidly evolving and social media is one of the biggest sources of new, it is increasingly important to distinguish fact from fiction. The objective of this year’s EL Seminar was to focus on ‘‘the good, bad and the ugly’’ sides of communications....Read more
Since 10 January 2020 Sebastian – Iacob Moga is the new General Manager of the C.N. "Loteria Română" S.A., being appointed to this position by the Board of Administrators....Read more
EL has become a reliable and invaluable advocate for the role of sport in society and it has lent its backing as a ‘Supporting Partner’ to the SPIRIT project, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme....Read more
Italian operator Lottomatica uses a range of programmes and tools to promote gender balance and offer personal and professional support for female employees....Read more
Due to the recent outbreak and rapid spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19, the EL Executive Committee has taken the decision to postpone all EL seminars and events until 1 July 2020. It is further decided that the EL Industry Days will not take place this year due to the uncertain situation....Read more
March 2020 marked 100 days since the current College of the European Commission took office. Commission President Ursula von der Leyen looked back at the achievements, but also ahead at the expected next steps in line with the agenda outlined in her Political Guidelines back in July last year. This agenda was in the meantime hit hard the last weeks by the rapid spread of COVID-19....Read more