FDJ and the Paris Olympic bid – A successful partnership initiative
On September 13th, Paris was officially selected to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. French lottery FDJ was a key partner in mobilising the French public to support the bid.
After a 100-year wait, the Games will be back in Paris. The French capital was confirmed as host city for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games by the International Olympic Committee during its meeting in Lima on September 13th.
National lottery FDJ was the first company to announce its support of the Paris bid, as early as January 2016. “Because Paris 2024 is a real chance for France, for a society which, through sport, promotes equal opportunities, I wish to give Paris2024 every chance of success”, said CEO Stéphane Pallez. Let’s look back on the actions organised in order to encourage participation in sport and mobilise the French people.
In addition to its €2m financial contribution, FDJ ran the national advocacy campaign “Ready to Play the Game for Paris2024?”. In order to mobilize citizens around the bid, events were organised every month reflecting the Company’s commitment in favour of equal opportunities and women’s sport; two areas that FDJ promotes to make the Games a tool for social progress. All these events brought together champions and members of the public:
- In March, 500 participants were invited to take part in the giant “Fit Boxing Session by FDJ”, coached by Olympic medallists Sarah Ourahmoune and Souleymane Cissokho. It took place at the Cité du Cinéma, in the north of Paris where the future Olympic and Paralympic village is due to bebuilt.
- In April and May, FDJ encouraged sports fans to join the campaign during the Football League Cup Final and the Handball French Cup Finals, respectively. At half-time, randomly-selected spectators could take part in challenges to win prizes.
- FDJ also joined the Olympic Days (June 23-24th) celebrations organised in Paris. While citizens were invited to discover and practice various Olympic and Paralympic sports, a special event “2024km by FDJ” enabled equestrians, cyclists and teams of runners to cover together 2024km of streets and roads in the Paris area. A spectacular finale took place with a giant tifo deployed along the famous Alexandre III bridge.
- On July 23rd, day of the final stage of the Tour de France, FDJ launched “Les Champs pour Elles” to promote women’s cycling. 2024 women were invited to cycle the last 8km of the most famous cycling Tour, including across the Grand Palais and the Champs Elysees avenue.
A summary video of the campaign can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnGoFwrLro
During events in the field, or on social media with the hastag #JouerleJeu (PlaytheGame), over 14 million actions in support of the bid were carried out.
- The Olympic-branded scratch ticket “Vibrez pour Paris 2024” launched in March, sold 13.8 million units. The design of the ticket featured 4 Olympic and Paralympic disciplines: athletics, wheelchair basketball, swimming and judo.
- Over 70.000 people took part in the various events organised by FDJ.
- A street-display campaign, during the IOC’s evaluation visit in May, reached 90% of the population of the Paris area, or nearly 4 million people. The front wall of FDJ’s future headquarters was also decorated in support of the Paris 2024 bid.
In 2012, the European Commission announced a desire to develop a s...Read more
La FDJ et la candidature de Paris aux Jeux Olympiques - Un partenariat couronné de succès
Le 13 septembre, la ville de Paris a été officiellement désignée pour accueillir les jeux Olympiques et les Jeux Paralympiques de 2024. La FDJ a été un partenaire clé de la mobilisation du public français autour de cette candidature. La FDJ est également un partenaire de longue date du Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français (CNOSF), et elle a établi en 2015 un partenariat similaire avec le Comité Paralympique et Sportif Français (CPSF).
FDJ y la candidatura olímpica de París – Una iniciativa de colaboración exitosa
El 13 de septiembre, París fue oficialmente seleccionada para albergar los Juegos Olímpicos y Paralímpicos de 2024. La lotería francesa FDJ [La Française des Jeux] fue un socio clave para movilizar al público francés en torno a la candidatura. FDJ también es, desde hace tiempo, socia del Comité Nacional Olímpico y de Deportes Francés (Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français, CNOSF) y, en 2015, la empresa también firmó un acuerdo con el Comité Paralímpico y de Deportes Francés (Comité Paralympique et Sportif Français, CPSF).
FDJ und die Olympia-Kandidatur von Paris – Eine erfolgreiche Partnerschaft
Am 13. September wurde Paris offiziell zum Austragungsort der Olympischen und Paralympischen Spiele 2024 gewählt. Die französische Lotterie FDJ war bei der Mobilisierung der französischen Öffentlichkeit ein wichtiger Partner. FDJ ist zudem ein langzeitiger Partner des französischen nationalen olympischen und Sportkomitees (CNOSF) und hat im Jahr 2015 auch mit dem französischen paralympischen und Sportkomitee (CPSF) eine Vereinbarung unterzeichnet.
Black Pearl is the first game to be launched in IGT’s new NOW&LATER™ hybrid lottery-game category. What makes the NOW&LATER™ category unique? Explains Francesco Parola, Vic......Read more
Ovidiu Portariuc: “Implementing A New System Which Can Allow The Diversification Of Lottery Games And Also On-Line Games, Represent The Main Objectives Of The Development Strategy Of Loteria Romana”
Ovidiu Portariuc, General Director of Loteria Romana Ovidiu Portariuc comments on his nomination: "For me, it is an honour and a challenge to lead one of the oldest Romanian institutions, the Romani......Read more
The 2017 EL/WLA CSR-Responsible Gaming seminar took place in Madrid on September 20-22, upon the invitation of, and hosted by, ONCE. It gathered 110 participants from more than 30 countries who were i......Read more
The 2017 edition of the EL Legal & Regulatory Affairs Seminar held on November 30th and December 1st was hosted by the Belgian National Lottery at the majestic premises of the Belgian senate in......Read more
The workshop was facilitated by Decoded, one of the world’s leading digital and innovation education companies. During the first day, attendees tackled the question of ’What can you do with techno......Read more
⇓ SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PICTURE GALLERY More than 80 delegates from more than 30 Jurisdictions attended the 2017 Seminar which was graciously hosted by Norsk Tipping in Oslo from October 24 to 26, 20......Read more
Business Insider recently reported on a popular new app that launched this past August. The app, described as “a trivia-styled, fast-paced mashup of ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’ and ‘Jeop......Read more
A nod to the innovative days of early space exploration, the phrase “all systems go” originated in the 1960s heyday of space flight. Decades later, in 2017 these words resonate the lev......Read more