EL Congress Krakow 2017: ‘NEW Directions’
We are pleased to remind you that the next 9th European Lotteries Congress Kraków 2017 New Directions (5-8 June 2017) will be hosted by Polish Lottery Totalizator Sportowy in one of the most interesting cities in Europe. Kraków attracts millions of visitors (over 10 million in 2015!) with its legendary features: the city is a treasure trove of Polish heritage, it is the European Capital of Culture, UNESCO City of Literature, full of events and unique collections and home to many excellent festivals. The ICE Kraków Congress Centre is the main venue. Located right in the very heart of Kraków, the ICE Congress Centre is the business and cultural flagship of the city. An ultra-modern facility (3-year construction completed end of 2014) ICE Kraków is ideally suited for the EL Congress. We have booked rooms for you in six of the most prestigious hotels in Town to make your stay pleasant and unforgettable. The EL Congress will tackle the Big Themes facing the industry today. The mission of EL Congress Krakow 2017 NEW Directions is to enhance understanding of the modern consumer market-place and prepare our businesses to succeed and thrive in a new world that abounds with both opportunities and challenges.
New ideas and technologies
- Start-ups – how can we cooperate with start-ups. Presenters will include people that invest in start-ups for a living, especially those connected with the lottery market.
- How to orient the organizational focus onto innovation, creativity, and new ideas. The progression of virtual reality and augmented reality (Pokémon Go!) will likely reshape the player journey. How might Lotteries capitalize on this growing trend to attract and engage players?
- Virtual currencies – We will explore the possibilities of using new virtual currency through lotteries, and how to create games that use cryptocurrency such as BitCoin and how to clarify their taxation policies.
- Smart technologies – Predictive analytics using Smart Technologies will help the Lottery to learn about the player, optimize sales, and improve content and context for the player.
- New gaming like E-sport – Discussion about the growing market of e-sports which, in Poland as well as the rest of the world, is becoming more and more popular. Selected e-athletes, e-event organizers, and other experts to present on this new gaming category.
- Vgames – Virtual sports has become extremely popular in recent times due to the growing fascination with games such as Fifa, Football Manager, and other fantasy sports video games. Virtual betting is sometimes seen as an amusement to serious sports bettors who tend to adopt a condescending attitude towards the whole fantasy-sport. Presentations and discussion on these new market trends and the possibility of new game development directions.
- Game developers – what can Lottery learn from video game developers? A group of highly accomplished Polish video-game developers will share their experience.
Our core business
- Change Management – How to evolve and innovate our core products to meet the needs of the modern consumer and to compete in the modern market-place. How digital technologies are changing the business, economy, competitive market-place, and society.
- Our Role – How to stay creative. Definition of a role for the lottery organization dynamics. How individuals influence the organization, and how organizations could scoop and improve from their knowledge.
- Responsible gaming – Discussion about addiction and the mechanisms that cause addiction. Presentation made by an acclaimed addiction psychologist to help us understand what actually causes player addiction and how to avoid it.
- Loyalty programs – Building a winning loyalty program strategy. A focus on Data analysis with discussions about using analytical tools to better understand customer behaviour and needs.
New Trends overview
- New Media – how to use New Media to promote our business, with presentations of scratch cards success strategies. Scratch cards are becoming more popular every year especially among young adults who we are working to attract to Lottery.
- Consumer trends – How are modern life-styles and game preferences changing consumer behaviour? Mobile gaming allows players to access the lottery anywhere anytime and represents a huge growth opportunity as players spend more and more time on their phones and tablets.
- Fighting illegals – Unauthorized use of the logo and lottery data is channelling funds away from Lottery’s beneficiaries. Lottoland and other para-lotteries online – how to react and defend against these illegal operators?
Those and many more topics to be announced together with keynote speakers very soon. More information about the Congress registration and exhibition opportunities available on request: email@example.com
Also, keep tabs on the EL website “Events” section for updates on the EL Congress and other EL seminars and events. www.european-lotteries.org
We look forward to meeting you on 5-8 June 2017 in Kraków!
Watch our faboulous video here !
The 2020 Annual EL/WLA Marketing Seminar, held in London, saw a vibran...Read more
At a time when digital communication is rapidly evolving and social me...Read more
EL has become a reliable and invaluable advocate for the role of sport...Read more
THE INCREASING SIGNIFICANCE OF PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION In our heavily-loaded-information era, global players deal with a large amount of information in their daily lives; they produce, process and s......Read more
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to have a dramatic impact worldwide, EL has produced an overview of operational continuity elements that could be – and many of them already are – implemented by individual lotteries to enhance their capability of an effective response....Read more
“Reflecting on 11 years at the European Lotteries’’ | An interview with former EL Deputy Secretary General Jutta Buyse
Since 2016 Jutta Buyse was the Deputy Secretary General of EL and represented the Association in the Brussels office since 2009. During this time, Jutta led the public affairs for EL and experienced historic moments for the Association at European level....Read more
Since 10 January 2020 Sebastian – Iacob Moga is the new General Manager of the C.N. "Loteria Română" S.A., being appointed to this position by the Board of Administrators....Read more
A partnership for society: EL and ENGSO commit to enhancing the role of grassroots sport in 2020–2021
EL and ENGSO, the European Sports NGO are further extending their partnership with a new two-year agreement (2020-21)....Read more
Italian operator Lottomatica uses a range of programmes and tools to promote gender balance and offer personal and professional support for female employees....Read more
March 2020 marked 100 days since the current College of the European Commission took office. Commission President Ursula von der Leyen looked back at the achievements, but also ahead at the expected next steps in line with the agenda outlined in her Political Guidelines back in July last year. This agenda was in the meantime hit hard the last weeks by the rapid spread of COVID-19....Read more