EL Congress Krakow 2017: ‘NEW Directions’
We are pleased to remind you that the next 9th European Lotteries Congress Kraków 2017 New Directions (5-8 June 2017) will be hosted by Polish Lottery Totalizator Sportowy in one of the most interesting cities in Europe. Kraków attracts millions of visitors (over 10 million in 2015!) with its legendary features: the city is a treasure trove of Polish heritage, it is the European Capital of Culture, UNESCO City of Literature, full of events and unique collections and home to many excellent festivals. The ICE Kraków Congress Centre is the main venue. Located right in the very heart of Kraków, the ICE Congress Centre is the business and cultural flagship of the city. An ultra-modern facility (3-year construction completed end of 2014) ICE Kraków is ideally suited for the EL Congress. We have booked rooms for you in six of the most prestigious hotels in Town to make your stay pleasant and unforgettable. The EL Congress will tackle the Big Themes facing the industry today. The mission of EL Congress Krakow 2017 NEW Directions is to enhance understanding of the modern consumer market-place and prepare our businesses to succeed and thrive in a new world that abounds with both opportunities and challenges.
New ideas and technologies
- Start-ups – how can we cooperate with start-ups. Presenters will include people that invest in start-ups for a living, especially those connected with the lottery market.
- How to orient the organizational focus onto innovation, creativity, and new ideas. The progression of virtual reality and augmented reality (Pokémon Go!) will likely reshape the player journey. How might Lotteries capitalize on this growing trend to attract and engage players?
- Virtual currencies – We will explore the possibilities of using new virtual currency through lotteries, and how to create games that use cryptocurrency such as BitCoin and how to clarify their taxation policies.
- Smart technologies – Predictive analytics using Smart Technologies will help the Lottery to learn about the player, optimize sales, and improve content and context for the player.
- New gaming like E-sport – Discussion about the growing market of e-sports which, in Poland as well as the rest of the world, is becoming more and more popular. Selected e-athletes, e-event organizers, and other experts to present on this new gaming category.
- Vgames – Virtual sports has become extremely popular in recent times due to the growing fascination with games such as Fifa, Football Manager, and other fantasy sports video games. Virtual betting is sometimes seen as an amusement to serious sports bettors who tend to adopt a condescending attitude towards the whole fantasy-sport. Presentations and discussion on these new market trends and the possibility of new game development directions.
- Game developers – what can Lottery learn from video game developers? A group of highly accomplished Polish video-game developers will share their experience.
Our core business
- Change Management – How to evolve and innovate our core products to meet the needs of the modern consumer and to compete in the modern market-place. How digital technologies are changing the business, economy, competitive market-place, and society.
- Our Role – How to stay creative. Definition of a role for the lottery organization dynamics. How individuals influence the organization, and how organizations could scoop and improve from their knowledge.
- Responsible gaming – Discussion about addiction and the mechanisms that cause addiction. Presentation made by an acclaimed addiction psychologist to help us understand what actually causes player addiction and how to avoid it.
- Loyalty programs – Building a winning loyalty program strategy. A focus on Data analysis with discussions about using analytical tools to better understand customer behaviour and needs.
New Trends overview
- New Media – how to use New Media to promote our business, with presentations of scratch cards success strategies. Scratch cards are becoming more popular every year especially among young adults who we are working to attract to Lottery.
- Consumer trends – How are modern life-styles and game preferences changing consumer behaviour? Mobile gaming allows players to access the lottery anywhere anytime and represents a huge growth opportunity as players spend more and more time on their phones and tablets.
- Fighting illegals – Unauthorized use of the logo and lottery data is channelling funds away from Lottery’s beneficiaries. Lottoland and other para-lotteries online – how to react and defend against these illegal operators?
Those and many more topics to be announced together with keynote speakers very soon. More information about the Congress registration and exhibition opportunities available on request: email@example.com
Also, keep tabs on the EL website “Events” section for updates on the EL Congress and other EL seminars and events. www.european-lotteries.org
We look forward to meeting you on 5-8 June 2017 in Kraków!
Watch our faboulous video here !
Regulation On the regulatory and legal front, lotteries, in almost ev...Read more
Keynote speaker Eneken Tikk Keynote speaker Enek...Read more
Research showing that early childhood gambling experiences, including those with lottery products, can be a risk factor for gambling problems later in life, prompted McGill University and the U.S. Nat......Read more
Bryan Adams gave two exclusive interviews and four lucky winners had the opportunity to meet the star in person as part of a Meet & Greet event. The concert exceeded expectations and showcased som......Read more
Interview with GLMS General Secretary and Deputy General Secretary – “Reflecting on a successful year for Sport Integrity”
Looking back at an eventful year, what has been the greatest achievement for GLMS? GLMS General Secretary Giancarlo Sergi General Secretary Giancarlo Sergi (GS): During 2019 GLMS has a lot of......Read more
Changes have been underway in Europe over the last few years. Today, European players use their mobile devices to place more than 80 percent of wagers on sporting events, and live betting represents a......Read more
This year’s edition in September marked the 5th edition and focused on five themes including education, the workplace, outdoors, sport clubs and fitness centres. EL worked closely with its members a......Read more
Translating the latest insight on problem gambling and looking at the neurological effects seen in the brains of people with a gambling disorder was a core focus on the Conference, together with the d......Read more
EL advocacy brochure for policymakers and what the new European Commission means for the lottery sector
In light of the new European political landscape, EL is pleased to present its new advocacy brochure, developed in close collaboration with the EL Public Affairs Working Group. This new brochure allow......Read more
In May 2019, the OECD agreed a Programme of Work for Addressing the Tax Challenges of the Digitalisation of the Economy. This Programme is divided into two pillars: Pillar One (“Unified Appro......Read more
As it was stated during the 10th EL Congress in the CEO Panel discussion by Maria Stergiou, Group Chief Sales and Operations Officer of INTRALOT, all the above technological trends are creating sever......Read more