EL Congress Krakow 2017: ‘NEW Directions’
We are pleased to remind you that the next 9th European Lotteries Congress Kraków 2017 New Directions (5-8 June 2017) will be hosted by Polish Lottery Totalizator Sportowy in one of the most interesting cities in Europe. Kraków attracts millions of visitors (over 10 million in 2015!) with its legendary features: the city is a treasure trove of Polish heritage, it is the European Capital of Culture, UNESCO City of Literature, full of events and unique collections and home to many excellent festivals. The ICE Kraków Congress Centre is the main venue. Located right in the very heart of Kraków, the ICE Congress Centre is the business and cultural flagship of the city. An ultra-modern facility (3-year construction completed end of 2014) ICE Kraków is ideally suited for the EL Congress. We have booked rooms for you in six of the most prestigious hotels in Town to make your stay pleasant and unforgettable. The EL Congress will tackle the Big Themes facing the industry today. The mission of EL Congress Krakow 2017 NEW Directions is to enhance understanding of the modern consumer market-place and prepare our businesses to succeed and thrive in a new world that abounds with both opportunities and challenges.
New ideas and technologies
- Start-ups – how can we cooperate with start-ups. Presenters will include people that invest in start-ups for a living, especially those connected with the lottery market.
- How to orient the organizational focus onto innovation, creativity, and new ideas. The progression of virtual reality and augmented reality (Pokémon Go!) will likely reshape the player journey. How might Lotteries capitalize on this growing trend to attract and engage players?
- Virtual currencies – We will explore the possibilities of using new virtual currency through lotteries, and how to create games that use cryptocurrency such as BitCoin and how to clarify their taxation policies.
- Smart technologies – Predictive analytics using Smart Technologies will help the Lottery to learn about the player, optimize sales, and improve content and context for the player.
- New gaming like E-sport – Discussion about the growing market of e-sports which, in Poland as well as the rest of the world, is becoming more and more popular. Selected e-athletes, e-event organizers, and other experts to present on this new gaming category.
- Vgames – Virtual sports has become extremely popular in recent times due to the growing fascination with games such as Fifa, Football Manager, and other fantasy sports video games. Virtual betting is sometimes seen as an amusement to serious sports bettors who tend to adopt a condescending attitude towards the whole fantasy-sport. Presentations and discussion on these new market trends and the possibility of new game development directions.
- Game developers – what can Lottery learn from video game developers? A group of highly accomplished Polish video-game developers will share their experience.
Our core business
- Change Management – How to evolve and innovate our core products to meet the needs of the modern consumer and to compete in the modern market-place. How digital technologies are changing the business, economy, competitive market-place, and society.
- Our Role – How to stay creative. Definition of a role for the lottery organization dynamics. How individuals influence the organization, and how organizations could scoop and improve from their knowledge.
- Responsible gaming – Discussion about addiction and the mechanisms that cause addiction. Presentation made by an acclaimed addiction psychologist to help us understand what actually causes player addiction and how to avoid it.
- Loyalty programs – Building a winning loyalty program strategy. A focus on Data analysis with discussions about using analytical tools to better understand customer behaviour and needs.
New Trends overview
- New Media – how to use New Media to promote our business, with presentations of scratch cards success strategies. Scratch cards are becoming more popular every year especially among young adults who we are working to attract to Lottery.
- Consumer trends – How are modern life-styles and game preferences changing consumer behaviour? Mobile gaming allows players to access the lottery anywhere anytime and represents a huge growth opportunity as players spend more and more time on their phones and tablets.
- Fighting illegals – Unauthorized use of the logo and lottery data is channelling funds away from Lottery’s beneficiaries. Lottoland and other para-lotteries online – how to react and defend against these illegal operators?
Those and many more topics to be announced together with keynote speakers very soon. More information about the Congress registration and exhibition opportunities available on request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, keep tabs on the EL website “Events” section for updates on the EL Congress and other EL seminars and events. www.european-lotteries.org
We look forward to meeting you on 5-8 June 2017 in Kraków!
Watch our faboulous video here !
Hosted by EL Member Hrvaska Lutrija, this year’s successful seminar...Read more
For EL lottery members only, the awards are another key initiative led...Read more
The Induction Module, aimed at new entrants in the lottery world (up t...Read more
Hansjörg Höltkemeier re-elected as EL President for the period 2019-2021 Re-elected EL President Hansjörg Höltkemeier (right) said, ‘‘We have had three fantastic days at the special 10th edi......Read more
Looking back at a successful 2018, EL has presented its first ever Annual Report. The Annual Report provides an overview of activities from the past year, which would not have been achieved without the ongoing support of EL members. By continuing to provide best practices, content and enthusiasm, they pave the way for the work of the Association....Read more
Peter Simoner, CEO of Loteria Kombetare received his Commitment certificate from EL President Hansjörg Höltkemeier Benefits of the Commitment Level Loteria Kombëtare in Albania was the first-eve......Read more
European Standard on reporting in support of online gambling supervision notes considerable progress
On 12 and 13 September the CEN Working Group drafting the Standard held its two-day meeting in Brussels. The Standard is expected to be put for public comment and a vote by the end of November 2019....Read more
At the fourth European Commission Sport Unit Breakfast EL was invited to present how lotteries are supporting and using sport. EL President Hansjörg Höltkemeier highlighted the importance of promoting the values of sport and the sustainable financing from national lotteries....Read more
From left to right: Kerstin Kosanke, Managing Director, Lotto Brandenburg, Alexandru-Mircea Croitoru, General Manager, Loteria Romania, Bekir Yunus Uçar, General Director, Turkish National Lottery Administration & Gábor Czepek, CEO, Hungarian National Lottery...Read more
Brett Henning Brett Henning, Co-founder and Director at Sortition Foundation analysed the results of the elections, looking closely at the rise in European populism. In the past months and years,......Read more
IGT recently released its 12th annual IGT Sustainability Report, “Ahead of the Game,” an externally audited document that validates IGT’s sustainability activities and data. The report highligh......Read more
The global lottery industry faces new challenges from changing consumer and retail behaviours. Along with regulations and policy decisions, these changes place competitive and margin pressure on lotte......Read more
The Black Swan with keynote speaker: Mr. Nassim Nicholas Taleb International bestselling author Nassim Nicholas Taleb focused his keynote presentation on the Black Swan, his book which looks at th......Read more
As it was stated during the 10th EL Congress in the CEO Panel discussion by Maria Stergiou, Group Chief Sales and Operations Officer of INTRALOT, all the above technological trends are creating sever......Read more
The Convention entered into force thanks to its ratification by Italy, Moldova, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland and Ukraine. Another 32 countries, including Australia, have also signed it. Within 12 mon......Read more
Kerstin Kosanke, Managing Director of Land Brandenburg Lotto GmbH After finishing her law studies in Potsdam, Ms. Kosanke worked for 15 years as an independent lawyer with a focus on tax law and man......Read more
Honoured in his new role Alexandru-Mircea Croitoru as General Manager, he will continue to work on the implementation of projects that will drive the development of the lottery. The Romanian Lottery is one of the oldest institutions in the country, established in 1906 in order to improve the health system, especially in rural areas....Read more
Gábor Czepek, CEO, Hungarian National Lottery Szerencsejáték Zrt. is one of Hungary’s largest, dynamically developing state-owned enterprises: What were the most pressing tasks in this initial......Read more
Following a career in journalism, Bekir Yunus Uçar spent over 20 years in public service. He worked in several roles at Türk Telekom before joining the Turkish National Lottery Administration. He was appointed General Director by the Minister of Treasury and Finance....Read more
Hansjörg Höltkemeier, EL President & Jannie Haek, CEO of the National Lottery Belgium open the Trade Show at the 10th EL Congress in Antwerp ‘‘The Success of Chance’’ was the theme for......Read more