IGT: Delivering Omnichannel Play Experiences
Today, experience is everything and lotteries know that very well. Vendors are being asked for systems that enable compelling play experiences that attract consumers and retain them as loyal players. Lotteries are looking to offer players lottery products – both current games and innovative new content – through all channels of distribution to maximize consumer interest, participation, convenience, and satisfaction to capture new revenues. This is what Aurora is all about.
Players are demanding an omnichannel experience – where games are available through a variety of sales channels, where the player experiences a similar seamless journey across those channels, and where he or she can initiate play in one channel and conclude it in another. Player convenience is everything in today’s on-demand world, especially for the younger generations. Lotteries want to be where they are and deliver the experience they expect. Aurora, a true omnichannel solution, allows lotteries to integrate games into players’ daily lives, giving them access to game content the moment they want to play.
At the heart of providing a compelling player experience is making the right games available to the right players at the right time. To do that, lotteries want faster game changes. Aurora enables a faster time to market than ever before. Aurora’s service-oriented architecture enables the design and implementation of modules as software components that are loosely coupled and accessible. This means inter- and intra-business processes can interoperate easily and quickly. The benefit? Lotteries can more readily seize the opportunity to engage new and current players with new games, and potentially create an unlimited and transformational game portfolio.
Aurora addresses all of the above lottery business requirements and more with these core capabilities:
- True Omnichannel Enabler – Given the prevalence of the available channels to lotteries and the current consumer behavior which is shaped by e-commerce and social media giants, omnichannel capability to allow customers to truly interact with the lottery seamlessly across channels is a must. Aurora is designed to accommodate omnichannel behavior to attract and retain new players by leveraging player data across channels and forming a single player view for more efficient CRM planning. Lotteries will benefit from improved player engagement and retention rates, in addition to being able to reach younger player demographics on their terms.
- Open to All – IGT has been the pioneer in open APIs (Application Program Interface) for a number of years and is currently leading industry standardization efforts. Aurora provides standardized APIs toward the sales channels, making it less expensive and faster to add new sales channels, and the same for back-office integration, making integrating the lottery’s various back-office business systems significantly easier and faster than ever before. As in any industry, lotteries will benefit from standardized APIs that lower implementation costs and offer a greater selection of partners to work with.
- Game Content – In addition to IGT’s world-wide parameter-driven lottery game portfolio, lotteries now have significantly improved access to 3rd party game content and cloud-based game content thanks to the open design and standardized APIs. The separation of game rules and locally driven business rules, such as retailer commission accounting, make it possible to subscribe to multi-jurisdictional games without having to run them in the lottery data center. The obvious benefits in addition to faster time to market are lower cost to implement and operate multijurisdictional games.
- Single Retailer View – Even in Europe, retail is still the main sales channel and lotteries will benefit from the greatly improved toolset for growing retail sales that falls under the umbrella term Single Retailer View. The SRV consists of new data repositories and applications that allow retailer self-service and lottery sales representative access to the same data and functionality that was previously only accessible to lottery back-office employees. The new tools relieve the back-office employees from data entry to higher value functions. As with any IGT lottery solution, the SRV tools cover both draw and instant game products to ensure maximum sales growth opportunities.
- No Big-Bang Conversion – Aurora addresses directly one of the main pain points lotteries with large game portfolios face when needing to deal with a conversion, which is the “business freeze.” With a traditional big-bang conversion, the business freeze can be substantial and disruptive to game and business development. Aurora allows a gradual migration path which can be scheduled according to business needs, so that the conversion process will not become a burden to sales development. The benefit to lotteries is the ability to operate the current and the new system with a single management interface, lowering training costs and giving the new tools to the lottery staff right away. Also, the ability to plan the migration schedule game by game cannot be overlooked.
The lottery industry has changed significantly, becoming more sophisticated and increasingly complex. Lotteries now require openness to connect easily to third-party games and services, and rely on immediate business intelligence to make key business decisions that focus on both the player and the retailer. When our company first ventured into the new multi-year R&D roadmap, we began by listening to our customers, learning more about their business objectives, challenges, and new market requirements.
These requirements along with maintaining the traditional cornerstone requirements of lottery (security, integrity, reliability, and performance) have driven the development of the Aurora solution. Aurora represents the next level of IGT innovation, and our technology’s continued evolution toward the greatest flexibility to adapt to changes in the future, increased speed to market, and next-generation business intelligence.
This content is offered by Aurora, IGT’s new lottery technology solution. For more information visit www.IGT.com
IGT recently released its 12th annual IGT Sustainability Report, “A...Read more
The global lottery industry faces new challenges from changing consume...Read more
Hosted by EL Member Hrvaska Lutrija, this year’s successful seminar provided an excellent opportunity to hear from experts in RG and CSR, understand how other lotteries are implementing their progra......Read more
Hansjörg Höltkemeier re-elected as EL President for the period 2019-2021 Re-elected EL President Hansjörg Höltkemeier (right) said, ‘‘We have had three fantastic days at the special 10th edi......Read more
Looking back at a successful 2018, EL has presented its first ever Annual Report. The Annual Report provides an overview of activities from the past year, which would not have been achieved without the ongoing support of EL members. By continuing to provide best practices, content and enthusiasm, they pave the way for the work of the Association....Read more
Peter Simoner, CEO of Loteria Kombetare received his Commitment certificate from EL President Hansjörg Höltkemeier Benefits of the Commitment Level Loteria Kombëtare in Albania was the first-eve......Read more
European Standard on reporting in support of online gambling supervision notes considerable progress
On 12 and 13 September the CEN Working Group drafting the Standard held its two-day meeting in Brussels. The Standard is expected to be put for public comment and a vote by the end of November 2019....Read more
At the fourth European Commission Sport Unit Breakfast EL was invited to present how lotteries are supporting and using sport. EL President Hansjörg Höltkemeier highlighted the importance of promoting the values of sport and the sustainable financing from national lotteries....Read more
For EL lottery members only, the awards are another key initiative led by the EL Innovation Working Group (ELIG), which was set up to inspire, connect and engage the EL community in innovation. The aw......Read more
The Induction Module, aimed at new entrants in the lottery world (up to 3 years experience), allowed for an extensive introduction to the sector and an insight into the many complex activities. Over t......Read more
From left to right: Kerstin Kosanke, Managing Director, Lotto Brandenburg, Alexandru-Mircea Croitoru, General Manager, Loteria Romania, Bekir Yunus Uçar, General Director, Turkish National Lottery Administration & Gábor Czepek, CEO, Hungarian National Lottery...Read more
Brett Henning Brett Henning, Co-founder and Director at Sortition Foundation analysed the results of the elections, looking closely at the rise in European populism. In the past months and years,......Read more
The Black Swan with keynote speaker: Mr. Nassim Nicholas Taleb International bestselling author Nassim Nicholas Taleb focused his keynote presentation on the Black Swan, his book which looks at th......Read more
The Convention entered into force thanks to its ratification by Italy, Moldova, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland and Ukraine. Another 32 countries, including Australia, have also signed it. Within 12 mon......Read more
Kerstin Kosanke, Managing Director of Land Brandenburg Lotto GmbH After finishing her law studies in Potsdam, Ms. Kosanke worked for 15 years as an independent lawyer with a focus on tax law and man......Read more
Honoured in his new role Alexandru-Mircea Croitoru as General Manager, he will continue to work on the implementation of projects that will drive the development of the lottery. The Romanian Lottery is one of the oldest institutions in the country, established in 1906 in order to improve the health system, especially in rural areas....Read more
Gábor Czepek, CEO, Hungarian National Lottery Szerencsejáték Zrt. is one of Hungary’s largest, dynamically developing state-owned enterprises: What were the most pressing tasks in this initial......Read more
Following a career in journalism, Bekir Yunus Uçar spent over 20 years in public service. He worked in several roles at Türk Telekom before joining the Turkish National Lottery Administration. He was appointed General Director by the Minister of Treasury and Finance....Read more
Hansjörg Höltkemeier, EL President & Jannie Haek, CEO of the National Lottery Belgium open the Trade Show at the 10th EL Congress in Antwerp ‘‘The Success of Chance’’ was the theme for......Read more